So, I'm pleased to say that this year I'm again taking part in Coffin Hop, an event where a whole load of horror authors, artists and bloggers get together, offer prizes, and generate a biz of a buzz around the genre. If you scroll to the bottom of this post, you'll find a list of all the bloggers taking part, which is maintained by magic and/or HTML. Go and check out all the links as there's some fabulous prizes to be had.
Anyway, for my own competition this year I've done a Halloween horror quiz - it's meant to be a bit of fun more than anything, so most of the questions are pretty easy for all your horror aficionados, and it's ridiculously easy to win a prize anyway:
- Anyone who scores 2/10 or more will also be entered into a draw to win a paperback copy of The Shelter (I'll be giving a few of these away)
- Anyone who scores 5/10 or more will also be entered into a draw to win a paperback copy of Falling Over
- Anyone who scores 8/10 or more will also be entered into a draw to win a paperback copy of Falling Over and The Penny Dreadnought Omnibus Volume 1
How to enter - anyway you like really. Put your answers in a comment below, or on my Facebook page, or email me.
Deadline: 2nd of November
So now, the questions:
1. What book by a famous horror author is this?
2. How many people does Michael Myers kill in the original Halloween?
3. Which book begins with these lines?
What was the worst thing you've ever done?
I won’t tell you that, but I’ll tell you the worst thing that ever happened to me . . . the most dreadful thing . . .
4. And which book ends with this one?
He was soon borne away by the waves and lost in darkness and distance.
5. In which horror film do you see all these bodies - and then realise they're all the same person...?
6. Who is this?
7. And who's this, and what film is she starring in?
8. What is the name of the film that's the basis of Mark Z. Danielewski's House Of Leaves?
9. What is the name of the girl in the red coat in Don't Look Now?
10. And finally, which UK town is this "real life Pennywise" terrifying/amusing/baffling people?