Thursday 28 February 2019

An 80s Mixtape, A Plutonian David Lynch, and Phil Sloman's Lowdown


  • I love Mark West's Mixtape blog posts, in which he invites all and sundry to pick their favourite horror tale of a certain type or style and creates a 'track-listing' from the results. The latest - which you can listen to here - is based on stories from the 70s and 80s. I picked 'Vani Fuchi Is Alive & Well And Living In Hell' by Dan Simmons, which I first read in Night Visions 5 but which you can also find in his collection Prayers To Broken Stones.

  • Over on The Plutonian website, you can find this fascinating piece by Scott Dwyer on both David Ligotti and David Lynch. I love both those things; if you do too (and let's face it, if you're reading this that's a distinct possibility) and suggest you give this article a read pronto.

  • Finally, Phil Sloman is the latest author to be interviewed as part of Simon Bestwick's Lowdown series. I had the pleasure of including one of Phil's stories in Imposter Syndrome and he's such a good writer he made me feel that very syndrome. Find out what he was to say here.

No comments: