Friday 9 March 2012

Excuses, Excuses

No Strange Story this week; I've been struggling to find the time to read The Yellow Wallpaper, which is the next story I've chosen. I like to read them afresh so I can write something good rather than just some rehashed crap based on how I remember a story I last read years ago.

So what have I been doing? Well, working on a couple of guest blog posts, and trying to figure out what the hell a new story called The Man Dogs Hated was actually about. (Turns out its about conformity and the sacrifices we make to belong somewhere. And dogs.)

So in the absence of anything for me to actually write about, here's some cool stuff written by other people on the subject of horror or fiction this week:



  • Neil Schiller starts a new music-related flash fiction project, 7'' Stories on his blog. Warning: his post contains a link back to my blog, so don't get trapped in an infinite loop clicking between the two...


  • And finally, Gary McMahon is interviewed about his latest books on Starburst. I really like his final few lines: "It’s always there, in the darkness – the darkness that’s inside us all, the darkness that awaits us when this crazy ride is over."


N.B. This blog post was written whilst listening to songs by: Pavement, Emmy The Great, and Daisy Chainsaw, as well as the proper 8 minute plus version of Stay Together by Suede.

1 comment:

Cate Gardner said...

Thank you for the linkage.