Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Internet: Here Be Monsters

I'm sure I'm not the only would be writer who worries I waste too much time on the internet - twatting around on Twitter and twittering around on Twater, when I should be writing god-darn-it.

But sometimes you stumble across something that reminds you how great the internet actually is, and how much it can aid as well as hinder creativity. Yesterday I found the site A Monster A Day.

It's a blog where someone draws a monster.
Every day.

I don't know anything about it or the person/people involved - I just know that the best drawings (like The Swap) are like those creepy illustrations for children's books you remember (from books by Roald Dahl or Neil Gaiman, probably) which seem like a story all in themselves...

So if you're pissing around on the internet rather than doing something productive (and if you're reading my blog, there's a good chance you didn't really want to be here!) then click on the link below and have a look at some of the monsters... and maybe you won't feel you've wasted your time on the internet tonight quite so much, after all.

A Monster A Day

1 comment:

Elizabeth Twist said...

Thanks, James. CharnelSteps' Monsters are great.