Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Odds And Sods

Some more of my stories are slowly winging their way from my hard drive to your grubby little paws. In chronological order:
  • My piece of flash fiction Haunted will be appearing in the first publication by Cruentus Libri Press - 100 Horrors will feature one hundred horror authors each with a story of one hundred words or less...
  • New Boy, a tale of suicide, ghosts, and office politics, will appear either in the Dark Rivers Press print edition or web edition...
  • The Second Wish, a modern day 'rewriting' of The Monkey's Paw will appear in a future issue of the fabulous Supernatural Tales, although likely not until 2013...
There will also be semi-regular stories appear in Penny Dreadnought, as and when the Abominable Gentlemen get their collective act together.

(Of course like always I've had my fair share of knock-backs too... Snow was rejected again, although fortunately the 'Curse of Snow' doesn't appear to have struck this time.)

All this means that I'm having to rethink my plans for my next collection of short stories, assuming I self-publish it again. I was planning to include some of the stories now tied up with other things, so I'm now under pressure to write more new stories. It's a largely self-imposed pressure, and probably a good thing; but pressure all the same. On the positive side, my third collection of stories is already half in the bag!

Check out the interviews The Man With A Skull For A Head conducted with the Abominable Gentlemen over at the Penny Dreadnought site. They were conduced in our stomping ground of the Jekyll and Hyde pub. Alcohol may have been involved. So far interviews with Iain Rowan and Alan Ryker are up, but fear not! Ones from Aaron Polson and myself are on there way...


2 comments:

Alan Ryker said...

Good work. You're on a roll!

Cate Gardner said...

Congratulations, James